Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Unearthed Secret


I absolutely LOVE fried rice! It is possibly one of my favorite foods and I order it just about every time we go out for Chinese. But every time I try to make it at home, my cooking falls short. Well, browsing some recipes online, I found the secret: The rice you use should be cooked beforehand and refrigerated! Simple! So here is a recipe that will give you something to do with your extra rice. I used brown rice, but I am pretty sure you could use white.

Garlic Chicken Fried Brown Rice

3 cups cooked rice
1 lb chicken, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup peas
2-3 tbsp soy sauce (check the ingredients to make sure it doesn't contain wheat!)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp sugar

Throw the chicken, pepper, onion and garlic into a pan with some canola oil and cook on medium/low. When the chicken mixture is done, put aside. Heat the pan to medium/high and pour in about a tablespoon of canola oil. When the pan is hot, add the rice and stir around until it is heated through. Add the peas, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Toss the chicken mixture in and give it a good stir. This is a pretty large recipe and should serve about 6 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment