Saturday, July 3, 2010

Once again... its good to be flexible!!

My amazing husband was so kind as to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few items needed for yesterday's casserole recipe. But, as things tend to do, my list was lost in translation. To Seth's defence, he did get everything I asked for... maybe my requests weren't specific enough. So of corse I wait until 10:30pm to begin making the breakfast casserole for tomorrow's festivities. And, what do I find? Yep, that's right... I don't have the ingredients needed! Well thank God for resourcefulness and the internet. I was able to find a glutenous recipe for which we had all of the ingredients. With just a few changes, the stuff is in the oven and our kitchen smells devine. Can't wait to try it tomorrow!

GF/DF Baked French Toast with Blueberries

1 loaf of gf bread, cubed
1/2 can coconut milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp turbinado sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
2 cups of frozen or fresh blueberries

Grease a casserole dish and toss in the bread cubes. In a seperate bowl, whisk coconut milk, eggs, syrup, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour mixture over bread cubes and toss until all of the bread is coated. Top with blueberries and a bit more cinnamon and sugar. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until the center comes out clean. Serve with warmed maple syrup and a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment