Saturday, May 29, 2010

Many appologies... more recipes to come!


Hello all! I hope this Saturday morning finds you well and good. My sincere apologies for the lack of recipes posted this month. May means many busy nights as a teacher and I have not had the time or energy to do anything extra.

But alas, the final day of school has passed and it seems like my life is mine again! We are getting ready to head for the lake for some much needed sun and fun! The following is a glorious concoction that will ensure a marvelous time.

Mama's Summertime Lemonade
(AKA Hard Lemonade)

1 oz tito's vodka - made right here in Austin!
1 tbsp turbinado or white sugar
2-3 lemons, juiced
1/2 c water
1/2 c ice
2-3 fresh mint leaves, pinched to release flavor

Dissolve sugar in lemon juices. Add other ingredients and sip luxuriously near a body of water.

1 comment:

  1. And I was just wondering what to do with the mountains of mint I have growing! This sounds alot easier AND alot more delicious and fun than making mint jam that will never get eaten! Thank you, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete